Where to buy underground motors for electric gates

NOAH

Getting quotes of over 3k to fit ungerground motors, 2 x zappers, keypad, intercom, opening is 12 foot, 4 foot high pillars, i have cables already laid to gates and left loose in loft. cost seems very high, can i buy the bits myself anywhere cheaper, i go to uk a lot as well. i thought laying cables was the costly bit.

noah

3K is about right for a supply and install of the gate kit. You can get the bits yourself and it should save you around about 1K. But you need to be able to weld the gates to the brackets and also you will have to be able to wire the kit.

The extra you a paying for will include the 12 months warranty on the parts and labour, If you install yourself you will have no warranty on the labour plus if you have a parts failure you will have to take the part out and send it off for testing and replacement leaving you with no gates while waiting for the replacement part.

Paul24

many thanks Paul, and after a bit of searching I have come to the same conclusion, its ok to save 1k but if anything goes wrong etc. And now that you have confirmed that 3k is the going rate I will settle for that.

noah

Back