Where to buy rat sticky mats in west of ireland? Rats not taking bait

C

cluaineois

I have a problem with rats in my house, they appear to be young rats, but have not taken the poison put down for them by Rentokill. The poison has been placed where they are active, but little has been taken, and activity, as I type is still there. We have started the old fashion rat trap today. I know sticky pads / mats have been taken of the market, but does anyone know of any shops in the west of Ireland, or anywhere, that still has them? Or any other ideas, please help !

A sticky mat - or a glue mat, traps the rat by the rat simply running over the surface and getting glued to the mat.

If you are going the poison route, mix it with peanut butter. They can't resist it. Tried & tested.

The sticky mats are extremely inhumane, rats will try to chew off their own limbs to get off them.

Get or borrow a cat, preferably a female!!! Even better a jack russell or a ferret.

An old farmer friend of mine had problems with rats eating the barley in the store so he got big handful of it, rolled it round in cement powder, then he shaked of the excess put it on the plate, placed it on a known rat route two week later NO RATS.

Why

well the rats eat the barley with the cement powder on it, they get very thirsty very rapidly, they drink the water thus essentially activating the cement. The cement started to solidify in their stomach and walla Dead Rat. Cruel but effective.

I know a man who gets a half bucket of water and puts a a piece of wood floating in it that is covered in peanut butter. The rat(s) climb in to get the food but drown. Result.

A sticky mat - or a glue mat, traps the rat by the rat simply running over the surface and getting glued to the mat.

My friend got one of these to catch a mouse and left it in a corner of the bedroom and promptly forgot about it. A few months later she got a cat and one day it ran upstairs to the bedroom and its paw stuck to the gluey strip, well, all hell broke loose and the cat nearly had a heart-attack with the fright it got, it tore down the stairs like a bullet meowing wildly and flapping the strip off each step, it raced out the door with the strip still attached and was never seen again.

I know a man who gets a half bucket of water and puts a a piece of wood floating in it that is covered in peanut butter. The rat(s) climb in to get the food but drown. Result.

I thought rats were good/excellent swimmers ?

Well this one is a defo,

You put down very fine white pepper (and a bit of chilli powder too),

When the rats sniff it they sneeze and bash their heads off the ground (put some carpet tacks around the area too),,, doesn't kill them but they get pretty annoyed and move out after a couple of days.

Garaunteed

Back