Where to buy pygmy goat feed?

Snork Maiden

Hi I am hoping to get two/three pygmy goats in the coming weeks/mths. we have spent the last few months researching all about them but I still am unsure what exactly I will feed them. Lots of sites say a grain mix, or goat fed or mixed oats/barley etc. pygmy goat owners I have spoken to are very cagey about sharing what they feed their goats and although the breeder we are buying from has told us that he will give us some feed to get us started I want to know whats involved before I bring the goats home.

I want to know if there is a pre-mixed grain/fed that I can buy from a animal feed supply shop. Does anyone know of a one-stop shop anywhere in the north kildare west wicklow area that will supply a suitable feed?

Thanks.
Snorkie.

I thought goats, like other ruminants, enjoyed (needed ?) a varied diet including hay, green forage material as well as grains.

I also think diet is dependent on whether they are being used for milk or meat and be warned, they have a reputation for eating literally anything they come across.

I thought goats, like other ruminants, enjoyed (needed ?) a varied diet including hay, green forage material as well as grains.)

Thanks mathepac, your right. But I dont have a difficulty sourcing hay etc. (farmer next door!) it was the elusive 'grain mix' supplementary feed I keep reading about that I need to source. The goats will be pets (no milking, breeding or meat (!))and will be enclosed in a large paddock with plenty of green forage.