where to buy plug sockets, spots and light switches

danaforever

hello everyone,

We are about to enlist an electrician to re-wire a 3 bed semi in South city Dublin. We will be purchasing and supplying the plug sockets, the wall switches and the spots and the fittings for the spots. Can anyone here recommend an outlet to me where I can buy these all under one roof at a reasonable price. Thank you

I would avoid DIY stores. Any electrical wholesalers really- Kellehers in Ballymount is one.

Your electrician may be able to source these items more keenly and at trade prices. You could ask him to price the materials and get a price yourself from a wholesalers for comparison. I know that most tradesmen will get a better price when buying than the ordinary punter.

Supplying your own light fittings is one thing, but I wouldn't suggest you supply your own switches and sockets unless the job is a nixer.

You will have to pay VAT@ 21% if you buy them, 13.5% if the electrician supplies them.
If a switch which you have bought goes faulty, you will have to pay the guy to come back and change it. If he supplied it, it's under warranty.
As a contractor I wouldn't issue a RECI cert for a job where I didn't supply the materials.

Back