Where to buy modern/trendy furniture for new home?

Yellow Belly

Just finished building our new pad & wife wants to furnish in the minimalist/modern style but having huge problem finding a store/supplier of really good quality modern furniture for living room, dining room etc.

Any suggestions or experiences?

Bushell Interiors? Don't know where you are but they are in Park West, Dublin 12. They used to be on Sir John Rogerson's Quay and I have got some very nice stuff from them in the past but haven't seen their showroom since they moved. The stuff on the website looks pretty modern though.

You might pick up some bits in [broken link removed], they are in Coolmine industrial estate in Dublin 15. I have no association with them.

montana in sandyford;
ikea;
bo concept;
kube - beacon sandyford;
european living kylemore;
home couture kylemore

to name but a few

You might pick up some bits in [broken link removed], they are in Coolmine industrial estate in Dublin 15. I have no association with them.

I would also like to second Domus.....they are next to Blanchardstown shopping centre in Coolmine industrial estate and their selection of very very modern furniture is unreal !!!!

I would also like to second Domus.....they are next to Blanchardstown shopping centre in Coolmine industrial estate and their selection of very very modern furniture is unreal !!!!

I third Domus! Very unique modern furniture.

Another place is - they have stores in South William Street and Bray. Barry always has lovely stock & I get a lot of my showhouse furniture from him.

And Instore have just opened a new branch in Sandyford - I bought the Renzo tub chair & footstool in Lotus Moss fabric from them at Easter and it is gorgeous altogether

Saw a nice chair on lomi.ie. Nothing spectacular - just a nice clean simple design so enquired about price. €2k for fabric, €3k for leather. Nearly collapsed when I heard it.

I would recommend Haus in Temple Bar (Exchange Street). They have several furniture shops there and stock Ligne Roset and Vitra as well as many brands of contemporary, high quality stylised furniture. They also supply many of the design classics such as Eames chairs, cushions, accessories etc. Their stuff is high end but really, really nice in my opinion! If you have the budget I would definitely check them out! A link to their store locations is here:-

http://www.haus.ie/downloads/haus-map.pdf

By the way, Living on South William Steet has closed down. This happened aruond the time that they opened the large BoConcept store out in Sandyford, which is definately worth a peek also for their nice modern, good quality and well priced sofas.

Back