Where to buy ladders

PeterGriffin

Anybody know a good place to get ladders? I'm looking to buy an extension ladder long enough so I can clean my shoots (Not being rude...mean the ones on the house :eek:)

I bought a DIY scaffold tower from www.bpsaccesssolutions.co.uk earlier this year. It may be a bit more than you need, but it's probably safer than a ladder (which they also sell) and is useful for various jobs. They are in the Uk but delivered pronto here. No connection with them, but found them very reasonable to deal with.

You could buy an Irish made ladder from Stradbally Ladders (no connection, just that I pass their factory every day!), I think they are stocked by Homevalue Hardware stores and that's where I got mine some years ago.

Brooks sell Stradbally ladders. Bought them last week for €100 + vat - long enough to access guttering etc with no problem

Can I just ask 1 last v stupid q??!!.....what height would I need....seems to be so many different lengths. The length I need is enough to safely reach the shoots on a typical 3 bed semi. Have any of you bought combi-ladders or are they a recipe for disaster??

As an aside I recently asked window cleaner how much he would charge me to do full window clean AND clean shoots and he quoted 50 ( two story house, lot of glass), so am thinking I wouldnt bother doing it myself- esp given safety issue.

Back