Where to buy good quality furniture?

Yellow Belly

Just finishing our new house & are seeking to purchase the following:

1. 8-10 seat contempary glass top dining table
  2. 3 sets of 5ft double bed & bedroom furnishings
  3. Large contempary corner sofa
etc etc etc etc

Finding it incredibly difficult to find a good quality showroom/supplier/shop to purchase these items- does any1 have any ideas?

I had a gorgeous, excellent quality corner unit bought from Harvey Norman. Had to sell it cos we moved house and couldn't fit it in the new sitting room - was so gutted. Its was really well made, and sooo comfortable, called the chatterbox, I believe they still stock it.

I found La Touche Furniture in Kilcullen quite good - but again not very cheap. Did have a bit of a haggle with them - and some success.

Best part was the delivery - they put everything, beds etc. together in the right rooms and took away all the packageing.

Have fun

We found Flanagan's in Mount Merrion very good on delivery and advise and discount when we spent quiet a bit with them.

Also Kenneth Hodges was in Stillorgan SC now up in Stillorgan industrial estate I think

quality = more money

I didn't mind spending it on rooms, but with hindsight , maybe to much on bedroom furniture, which is now to good to change on a whim.

Also B S Nolan in Dun Laoghaire for curtains and such.
All three delivered and fitted in South Wicklow for us.

Hiya

I got some lovely furniture in Pottery Barn in Tullamore. You can see their stuff at [broken link removed]

It's nothing to do with the American store unfortunately but have some lovely bits.

Or Casey's in Limerick is definitely worth a look.

Objekt in Newcastlewest, Co, Limerick or Lots in Tralee. They are full of really contemporary one off pieces. I am not keen on Caseys at all. Full of designs you've seen before, and very expensive. Not that the other too arent expensive, just at least the pieces seem worth the money.

I would recommend Ashleaf furniture in Beechmount Park in Navan.

Hard to say for definate when we don't know where you are, however Harvey Normans pleasantly surprised me when it came to some wardrobes a whilst back. Also Michael Murphy in Newbridge was pretty good and Carlow Furniture in Carlow are good as well

Unless you are going for some specific design, you'll often find much of the same in many of the independent outlets, the difference is customer service and delivery

Of course, they is always IKEA