Where to buy Fancy tall radiators and stoves

Muffinb

Me again, Went to Fentons in Greystones yesterday to look at some gorgroeus wood burning stove but just wondering is there anywhere else sells them, even online. Anytime I google I just get UK stores but would rather buy here.

Also loking for 2 slim modern radiators that go up the walls, see loads on net but can't find any here in Ireland,
Any ideas?? SO frustrating when you can picture what you want but can't visit it in a showroom!!

Thanks

Muffinb

B & Q have those radiators on their website - www.diy.com - but I can't tell if they're available to see in Ireland or not.

Will be keeping a close eye on this thread as I'll probably be looking for a similar radiator in a couple of months time.

Hi there,
I think those ones in B&Q are just the bathroom towel heaters which are not really suitable for extenion with a kitchen in it I don't think. Im looking for the fancy ones you see in glossy magazines!!!

I just saw a site that does skirting board radiators, might be better will keep you posted if I find anything else. Don't know anyone that has used them though.

Muffin

I think those ones in B&Q are just the bathroom towel heaters
I just looked at diy.com : Heating & Cooling -> Heating -> Radiators -> Designer rad, and 4 pages were found, listing what they call radiators rather than towel warmers. At the price of some of them I have to believe they're radiators ! Have a look anyhow, you might see something.

Regarding skirting board radiators, I saw an ad yesterday for a system called Thermaskirt (I have no connection with them). The website is www.discreteheat.co.uk - I emailed them to ask who the supplier in Ireland is, and got a reply that they are supplying direct at the moment until their distribution here is established.

We ordered a vertical rad, can't remember from where now, but B&Q definitely do them, as well as towel warmers, which are called towel warmers. Some rads here:
[broken link removed]

You won't see them in the shop, but they can order them in (AFAIR). If you go to a builders suppliers, they will probably be able to order in something similar from their supplier too, but you have to go in and ask, they should have a brochure.

Try .
No connection, just going to order radiators from them!

We also bought a woodburning stove last year in Heat Merchants in Fonthill near Liffey Valley.
Triona

I tried to order vertical radiators from B&Q recently was informed it takes about 8 weeks from the time you order. Then despite what it says in their brochure you cannot collect them from the shop - they have to be delivered to your home address with a delivery charge of €50 !!! I told them to keep their radiators - got them in Chadwicks instead.

Hi,

We bought a "designer" rad from B and Q Naas and opted to pick it up instore when it would arrive.

We paid in advance and was told there would be an 8 week delivery date. After 2 weeks I recieved a call from them to say that the rad would be delivered within a few days to our home address which is actually about 100 miles from Naas.

A couple of days later it arrived to us. Great service, no hassle. BTW it is nothing like a towel rad, vertical, unusual shape and anthracite in colour. We have it in a front hall and it is quite a talking point. We paid around 800 euro for it.

Last edited:
Hi MuffinB

We were in Fentons yesterday looking at Stoves - rang then a fireplace shop in Castlebridge in Wexford (wexford fireplaces )and they were three hundred cheaper for the same model- have never been in teh shop so not sure on what their range is like - they stock Jotul which is what I was after - they dont install though so we are looking for someone who will do that at the moment !

Fentons said they charged circa €700 on top of price to install a multi fuel stove which seemed v dear to me?

BJS

This crowd are very good:
[broken link removed]
Showroom just off the M50 at Finglas. Got a lovely tall aluminium rad in silver for €380 from them - next day delivery as they had it in stock!

Just mailed that HDL crowd in Finglas so will let oyu know how I get on. I googles radiators and stoves all last weekend and very little came up in the way of either in Ireland and theres this place in Finglas!!!
Thanks for that.
Have mailed radiators.ie too and will ring Wexford fireplces to get an idea of costs of one Fentons had to be cheeky!

Thanks for all the help, this site is fab isn't it??

Muffinb

Yeah, I did exactly the same thing, spent ages on the Net and found that crowd a mile up the road from me So walked up to the showroom and fell in love with one there. As it's alu it's an incredible heat conducter as well as looking fantastic.
Bear in mind that you'll still need a plumber to take the old rad off the wall, install new pipework and connect up the new one. The crowd I went with (SMC) charge 250 quid a rad for this, BUT you have to fill in the channels they cut in the wall for the new pipes, or get a plasterer to do it. Can offer advice on this if needed as did it myself and you can't tell now there was an 8ft long, 2" wide gouge in my wall!

This is where I am very lucky, Father in law is buidling extension and he is a plumber by trade!!!
Am checking out that place......

Renew it in roscommon do alum radiators that come in various widths, heights and colours. they're based up the road from where i work and i'm prob getting all my rads there. Don' have a number but they're on the web if u google.