Where to buy duvet

addob

Hi All,

I'm looking for advice on where to buy a good high quality duvet for a king sized bed at a reasonable price. South County/City Centre Dublin preferred.

Thanks,
addob

I got a great king size duvet in boyers basement across from clerys in town about 2 years and was v reasonable!

I’ve often heard good things about Kavanaghs of Ballyfermot on the Boards Bargain Alerts forum.

Agree with M&S, got one of those wintere/summer ones from there a few years back... a tog 4.5 and tog 10 (i think) which you can join together or use separately during the year. It was a bit more expensive than others, but basically it does 3 jobs!

TK MAXX - by far the most reasonable for goose down duvets - I picked up 2 single ones yesterday for 40 euro each - compare this to 25 euro from Dunnes for synthetic crap. You'll get even better value in the kingsize.

TK Maxx is located in Blanchardstown or Stephens Green (blanch is bigger)

i'd go with at home with clery's (one in blanchardstwon but also sandyford) ... I love my goose one (just like the ones in european hotels)

I recently bought a 4.5 tog super king duvet in dunnes! It was one of the few low tog duvets we could find and it has worked out very well.

I can also recommend Top Drawer in Stillorgan that a previous post mentioned. I had a fantastic duvet from them before... not cheap though!

I bought one also in TK Maxx, Stephen's Green Centre, but unfortunately don't have a good report on it. It's an All Seasons Thermofill 4.5 + 9.5 (you can use them separately or snap together to make 13 tog), single, manufactured by Snuggledown of Norway.

We only have it about 6 months and the filling has separated inside, resulting in some parts being totally flat and others overfilled. I have sent the manufacturers an email and await their reply. They have a huge blurb on their website regarding quality, customer care etc so won't comment any more till I hear back.

At the end of the day you need to purchase a reliable brand. Normally I'm a great fan of TK Maxx (one of my favourite places for a bit of retail therapy) and in fairness it isn't their fault.

Added 13 October

Wrote to Snuggledown and received a reply that basically said sorry your contract is with T K Maxx, bring it back to them and we will refund them the price they paid us for it, possibly resulting in your receiving a refund of less than you paid for it. So much for customer service from the manufacturer - wouldn't touch them with a bargepole again.

The good news is that I took the offending duvet back to T K Maxx today and they were very attentive - gave a no hassle refund of €65. One satisfied customer! Took myself down to Dunnes and bought another for €35.

Back