Where to buy Creative Zen Micro 5/6Gb?

DrMoriarty

Looking around for one of these and the best deal I see so far is from Creative's own website — bundled with a pouch and wired remote for €229.00 inc VAT. Amazon.co.uk have the http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000AMQ7RS/026-4070796-9788413 (6Gb) model (the 5Gb is 'discontinued') for £145/€212 delivered, but that's without the leather pouch and remote control...

Anyone know of any better offers out there (with a full warranty)? [broken link removed]

Watch the DELL site. A mate got one there €190 something when I paid €299 some months ago and had it within days of me.

Thanks, hansov — but there don't seem to be any mp3 player offerings there at the moment. Was it a once-off special offer with a desktop/notebook deal?

Hi DrM. It may have been a once off - it was in their accessories link. He bought it on it's own. It was however in summertime (remember then?) when he got it. I'll keep an eye out.

komplett.ie sometimes have some that have been returned for cheaper than list price.

Thanks again, hansov.

CCOVICH, yes, I see they have the 6Gb model listed for [broken link removed], plus €10 delivery. But I'll drop them a line and ask if they've any returns/refurbs/clearance offers on the 5Gb model - now presumably an 'end-of-life' item...

I'm off to Prague next weekend D) — must keep an eye out on the high street/in the duty-free. When you log in to the Czech republic Creative website, the offer I linked to above comes down to €212...

Thanks again, getoffthepot. The 5Gb model is now down to http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00067TTZO/104-4100681-8827125?v=glance&n=541966&n=507846&s=pc&v=glance ($149.99) on Amazon - but I've noone to carry it home for me in time for Christmas!

Thanks, hansov — sorry I haven't replied earlier. Yes, damn good price, compared to the others!
That +353 number is in Athlone, and I've dropped them a line to ask (a) what the story is viz paying in Euro, not sterling, and (b) more importantly, what the story is re the guarantee. From a quick glance at the T&Cs it looks like you only get a manufacturer's guarantee, rather than an over-the-counter deal as you would expect with a retailer — which is what I'd want, ideally, since it's a pressie for my lil' sis in Dublin...

I'll let you know how I get on!

P.S. CCOVICH, I emailed komplett and the best deal they'd offer on a 'category B' refurb was €209. Ya-bloody-hoo...!

WOW! That alienware offer looks too good to be true! Someone try it and report back.

Point taken Dr. M. Komplett not great. But MP3 players seem to be a 'commodity' these days.......

CCOVICH said:
too good to be true!
Yup — and you know what that usually means..! If it checks out OK, 'though, I'll certainly take at least two of them...
Incidentally, there's an .ie/€-denominated version of the same: