Where to buy blackberries?

coolaboola

I need blackberries, fresh or frozen, not too expensive (which probably rules out fresh!) but can't find them for love nor money. (I know, I know, I should pick my own, but I haven't found a good, fruitful (in every sense) spot)

I've tried Superquinn (who used to stock frozen blackberries), Aldi and Lidl and none have blackberries (though Aldi and Superquinn both have summer fruit mixes containing blackberries)

Do Dunnes or Tescos do frozen (or reasonably-priced fresh) blackberries? (I'm in Kimmage so my nearest branches would be Rathmines)

All the posh shops have them at the moment - so Fallon & Byrne, Mortons in Ranelagh, Donnybrook fair. Would also be surprised if Tesco in Rathmines don't have them fresh - I've never seen frozen there though. Tesco Clare Hall had them fresh last time I went a couple of weeks ago.

Sprite

Local branch of Supervalu normally stocks frozen blackberries. You could try phoning your nearest branch to see if they have some in stock.

Plenty of free blackberries in the country at the moment - if you can be bothered of course.

Back