Where to buy aloe vera plant?

coolaboola

I am currently nursing yet another culinary-induced burn. I am a klutz. Its time I bought me an aloe vera plant for the kitchen windowsill so I'm prepared for the next time I brand myself.

But where can I buy one (in city centre/Rathmines/Kimmage area)? Have gone to Homebase and Atlantic both of which had a pitiful selection of plants. Any suggestions?

If anyone in the area has a healthy aloe vera plant they're looking to get rid of or one that has dropped a few babies I'll swap for a baby spider plant (I've recently potted up my spider plants babies) or a cutting of a lovely climbing geranium (pelargonium) that produced pink flowers.

To buy plant - E-Mail : info@aloeveraireland.ie
If you're not getting your aloe directly from a freshly plucked leaf, it pays to be cautious. Some so-called aloe products contain very little of the plant material, and the aloe that is there might be a pale shadow of the fresh gel. Don't buy products that offer "aloe vera extract" (that's code for "extremely watered down") or "reconstituted extract" (that means "far from fresh"). Look for a product that lists "aloe gel" high in its list of ingredients.
(copied this from a web-site)

Ooh, that was quick. Thanks Mr. T. (That quote's from the VHI website, right?) That site seems to deal with aloe vera products rather than the plants themselves, which is what I was looking for.

I bought mine in Tesco and Woodies both in Galway so probably will have them most places.

I hadn't even thought of Tescos (though the one in Rathmines doesn't have much - I'll try in town) ... thanks for that!

Saw them in Habitat last weekend. Unsure if you'd want to cut as it was more ornamental looking. Very nice though!

If you know anyone who could give you a cutting they're very easy and quick to grow.

My boyfriend bought me one for my birthday in a flowershop in Ranelagh, which cost him €25. It is a lovely big one though, and great for giving aloe vera. Johnstown Garden Centre out the Naas Road has cheaper and smaller versions.

This post breaches the Posting Guidelines and has been removed. We don't allow .