Where to buy a bay window curtain rail

maevis1

Hi All,

Hoping that someone may be able to assist with this.

I have a bay window that I am looking to hang curtains. I want the curtains to be hung so that they can be pulled together from both sides closing in the middle. Ideally I am looking for a crescent shaped rail as opposed to a straight rail with ends at right angles. Does anyone know where I may be able to buy such? Has anyone else had a similar problem and how did they resolve it.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Go to Hickeys in the Blancch Centre

They send out a guy who measures up and comes back with the rail to suit your requirements.

No connection - just a happy customer.

I'm sure any curtain shop would know someone.

As far as I know, if you buy the white plastic type ones, you can heat them (localised, not along the full length) enough to make them flexible, bend them to suit your window shape, and then let them cool and set hard again. You'd need to check the individual brand you buy, though, to make sure this is possible.

Yes. this is exactly wha I did. used a hairdryer in fact. Also, as the curtains were heavy i bougth extra supports. Its quite awkward to do but would be much easier if you had a second pair of hands and 2 ladders/chairs to stand on.

OMG - €500 for a curtain rail! Are they throwing in the curtains for free?!?!?!

Harry Corry's sell a bay window curtain pole for about 75 euros ..... it comes in 2 parts and you can bend each part enough to go around your bay ... easy enough to do. dont use the plastic rings that come with them though ... buy metal ones, they glide much better on the pole

Hello Maevis1,

Have you checked out Kays online catalogue?. I have seen a curtain rail in Hickeys Home Focus which might well meet your needs.

Hi
I had the plastic rail, got it in Argos and it never looked right. I hung heavy curtains and it started to pull the fittings out of the bay after a while, I could have put in extra fittings but I could never get the rail to look right, no matter how I bent it so didn't think it was worth the effort.
I've gone for the Hickeys metal rail, the guy comes out & measures all the angles (I think there is a measuring fee). Its working out pretty expensive, just over €500 for the rail and installationt but I'm hoping that it will be a good quality job that will last the next 30 years.
HTH