where is best to invest £1000-£2000

N

Nongolder

Please help me with decision where is best to invest up to £2000 ? I was thinking about index-tracer ISAs but not sure about potential loose. Can you advise where the safest place with the best interest and minimum risk to put this? Would it be a good idea to buy share like google, or apple? Please advise...

Hi nongolder, just to let you know this is an Irish website so any advice you may get will not take into account the UK tax regime.

it depends on your risk appetite.
Indices are usually more stable than individual shares thus index ISA would be a good idea, but you have to make sure it's a long term investment as markets are still volatile.
If you don't want much risk then use savings account.

On the other hand if you'd like to buy some stable shares then you should go for companies with good cash flows, for example utility companies.

Last edited:
Also, remember there's no such thing as a guaranteed stable or safe share. I remember a time when bank shares would be near the top of the list as far as safe and stable shares were concerned!

Buy books about investing...Rule N# 1 of Phil town and Payback time of Phil town...start from there.