Where is a good lively touristy in Paris?

zxcvbnm

3 lads going to Paris in a few weeks.

We are looking for a good central touristy area that has plenty of pubs/restaurants with a good lively atmosphere.

Beaubourg/Marais areas should do the trick. Check prices before you order, and don't buy drinks for strange ladies.

Beaubourg/Marais areas should do the trick. Check prices before you order, and don't buy drinks for strange ladies.

What's teh latin quarter like? Is that not supposed to be the area to go to no?

Also - saint germain? or is that part of the latin quarter?

I would say the area called "le quartier des Halles". This is a young and vibrant area. A virtually unlimited choice of cafes/bars and restaurants. Also a multitude of shops and Boutiques. It is an area also very much loved by artists.

The George Pompidou Centre is also located there.(It houses The Publique Library, and the Musee D art Modern (modern art museum) It is the largest museum for modern art in Europe, and a centre for music and acoustic research. It is also called Beaubourg, due to its location (area called Beaubourg) and is well worth a visit.

It is one of the oldest area in Paris, it has character & history.

It is very central and is on the train line called RER A. Those are long blue/red and white trains that run both underground and above ground level. I don t know by which airport you will arrive but if it is Charles De Gaulle, you can get the RER A from Charles de Gaulle straight to Chatelet les Halles. It is a long journey (a good 30 to 40 minutes)

It probably is the most lively area in Paris. It is a good mix of old and new, history and modernism.
Enjoy! Oh, and how do I know that? I am French!

To answer your question above, I think you are talking about St Germain des pres (because there is also St Germain en Laye, which is not in Paris). St Gernain des pres is not too far from le quartier Latin, I am not sure it is considered as being part of it. It is lovely...and quiet. Le quartier latin is an area with many many prestigious schools and universities so I can only imagine that there is also a good atmosphere there. Beautiful architecture there. Hope this helps.

3 lads going to Paris in a few weeks.

We are looking for a good central touristy area that has plenty of pubs/restaurants with a good lively atmosphere.
There are loads of cheapish and touristy restaurants in the pedestrian streets around rue de la Huchette / rue de la Harpe off Blvd St Michel and towards rue St Jacques, This area is just south of the Seine from Notre Dame. It also has pubs, jazz clubs, etc. and is packed at night. You could also try the area around rue St Denis. http://www.insecula.com/salle/MS01109.html. The pubs are OK but otherwise be on your guard at night.

Rue St Denis??? not the safest at all.

I agree with Rue Mouffetard in the Latin Quarter, it's a very lively area. You can also try the Bastille area, which is less touristy but just as lively as the Marais with a young Parisian crowd.