where in Dublin I can buy ingredients for japanese meals, particularly wasabi or sake

Grus

Hi all,

Does anybody know where in Dublin I can buy ingredients for japanese meals, particularly wasabi or sake? Are there any japanese / oriental food shops? Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Oriental Food

Oriental Emporium, South Great George's St.
Asian Market, Drury St.

There are (n)oodles of others out there too these days.

Thanks Clubman, but I rang the oriental emporium and they said they had neither sake or wasabi (found this slightly strange).

Pretty sure even the likes of Tescos has both Wasabi and Sake.

There's another oriental supermarket at the Jervis Street Luas stop in case that's of any use. Haven't browsed it extensively as I normally just pop in for something specific.

Re: where in Dublin I can buy ingredients for japanese meals, particularly wasabi or

Dont suppose anyone knows where to buy Wasabi & Sake in Limerick??? Tried Tescos. Either they didnt have it, or they didnt know what they were looking for. Is Sake kept with vinegars and oils? or with other alcohol??

Re: where in Dublin I can buy ingredients for japanese meals, particularly wasabi or

Dont suppose anyone knows where to buy Wasabi & Sake in Limerick??? Tried Tescos. Either they didnt have it, or they didnt know what they were looking for. Is Sake kept with vinegars and oils? or with other alcohol??

I thought I saw them where the cook-in sauces/jars and that kind of stuff was. Pretty sure I saw both in Tescos side by side with Thai Fish Sauce and maybe Jalapeno peppers - that kind of thing. The products are grouped roughly according to the cuisine but as there may be not many Japanese products, wasabi & sake could be nestled in behind 'black bean stir fry sauce' or something.

Thanks everybody, was in the oriental emporium on upper abbey st. today and managed to get my wasabi (along with a rake of other things). Settled for rice vinegar instead of sake as it is only for cooking. Thanks for all the help.

Whenever I eat in Japanese restaurants, I love having edamame - freshly steamed green soya-beans in the pod, sprinkled with salt. I’d like to try this at home – has anyone ever seen raw soybeans in the pod for sale in Dublin? I think sometimes frozen beans alone are available in Health food shops but it’s the pods I’m looking for!

Back