Where have all the spoons gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rmelly

Colleagues,

Where have all the spoons gone? All the ones bought a month ago.

And what about all the ugly green cutlery we got last year. There's only
3-4 items left.

Are people lazy and leaving them on their desks, or have they been brought home?

I've bought some new (red) cutlery and have left it in the kitchen. I hope
that these won't disappear the way of the others.

And don't get me started on the issue of all the cups. Some people are
conspicuous by having a collection of cups on their desks - I won't mention any names today! (Name and shame later this week.)

And as for the microwave!!! I've only used it once or twice since the
project started, and it used to be reasonably clean, but for the last few
months its been very dirty. Very very dirty.

Its not the cleaner's job to clean these. And its not Killian's. Everyone
has to take responsibility!

Regards,

Brendan. (from another Brendan)

Maybe a bit of office polictics.;)

I worked in a big office and we used to have to contribute about £1 each week for tea bags, milk etc. some people would not contribute so they were supposed to bring in their own stash.

One of the girls worked out that the usage of tea bags against the number of people 'allowed' to use the tea bags was too high. In other words someone who would not give the £1 was actually using the tea bags.

A meeting was arranaged and after that the problem seemed to sort itself out so the person stealing the bags stopped I suppose.

I manned the phones for the meeting - couldn't be listening to that. I have been working for 18 years and only see women at this type of carry on.

I buy the tea bags here and get a cup of tea made for me about once a month.:D

Our boss is a bit forgetfull at the moment and eats peoples lunches! Stuff like cheese and crackers, cup a soups left in the press, yoghurts, are usually gone before you get to them. Theres only one culprit but no one has the heart to say anything. He is also causing a problem by leaving opened salmon in the fridge and forgetting it for about a week until it almost swims out the door by itself.

Colleagues,

Where have all the spoons gone?

Well, if you work in the same place as me, if the spoons/cups/plates were left unwashed - they were binned by some self-righteous souls (you know who they are).

At first I didn't realise and I bought some replacements....only to find them being thrown out cos some other bugger had used them and not washed them. Cue Big Row.

Regards

Matilda

Well, if you work in the same place as me, if the spoons/cups/plates were left unwashed - they were binned by some self-righteous souls (you know who they are).

At first I didn't realise and I bought some replacements....only to find them being thrown out cos some other bugger had used them and not washed them. Cue Big Row.

Regards

Matilda

Can't see the problem with that. Only takes a second to clean a cup or plate after use. If people are too lazy to wash up after themselves then chuck them out. Or are they expecting someone else to do it for them??

errr.... I think the problem with it was that some else had used the posters cutlery and not washed them leading to the SRS throwing them out. That would annoy you just the tiniest amount wouldn't it?

I keep my own little set - Mug/Bowl/Spoons in my drawer (clean obviously) to avoid any such problems.

The spoons ran away with the dishes (as Clubman said) after putting in a complaint to HR about that little dog in I.T. whom they said was laughing at them. However their complaint was unjustified as the little dog was really laughing because that cow in Accounts jumped over the moon as a result of the "diddle diddle" which had just been uncovered and it was the cool cat in Reception who actually fiddlled the petty cash. Even though the dishes were exhonnorated from any wrong doing, they still decided to take their chances and ran away with the spoons.

Ask any five year old.

The spoons ran away with the dishes (as Clubman said) after putting in a complaint to HR about that little dog in I.T. whom they said was laughing at them. However their complaint was unjustified as the little dog was really laughing because that cow in Accounts jumped over the moon as a result of the "diddle diddle" which had just been uncovered and it was the cool cat in Reception who actually fiddlled the petty cash. Even though the dishes were exhonnorated from any wrong doing, they still decided to take their chances and ran away with the spoons.

Ask any five year old.

:D:D:D

I nominate this as the best post on AAM so far in 2008.

Seen in a workplace, albeit not a very politically correct workplace.

Wash up after yourself. Your mother DOESN'T work here!!!

Currently booking a read called "Quirkology"

It seems spoons are flighty little things, on the move, the whole time, in all parts of the world.
The book explains how, and why.

Surely those spoons have run off to the same home as all those odd socks that are never seen again following a trip to the washing machine

Turns out that the guy who sent the original mail was actually taking them home spoon by spoon to build up a full set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back