Where do you get engagement rings valued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunlife

Hi all..was left an engagement ring years ago. I've never got it valued and I was wondering where do I get this done. I live in Limerick/Munster area.
Is it expensive? Can anyone reccommend a person/place?
Thanks alot :)

Yes it is expensive so shop around and don't acept the first price you get. I was quoted 50 euro flat fee and then 1.5% the value of the ring there after (from a reputable jewlers in Galway).

Some of them want to take it for some time so be prepared to part with it also.

There shoudl be no reason to part with your ring, if you look around you'll find somewhere that can have a look at the ring and the certificate on the spot and you shoudln't have to leave it, as you'll be having it valued for insurnce purposes ( I imagine) I would avoid leaving it behind!

Also, try to find somewhere that just charges a set fee, I paid €75 in Dublin, I believe that if they charge you a percentage of the ring they'r emuch more likely to inflate the value of the ring.

Sorry I don't know anywhere in your area, can offer you the name of the place I went in Dublin if you'll be around!

addob

An independant valuer valued my girlfriend's ring, he called to our house, very professional and courteous. He charged 1.5% of the value of the ring. I am based in Cork city but think he's from West Cork. PM me if you want his detail.
I have no connection with this business.

There is a place in the Royal Hibernian Mall St that does it for a set fee. They do it there and then so you need to make an appointment. Website is www.irishjewel.com

There is a jeweller in Cork working from a workshop in Winthrop St who will value the ring for you. Stephen Moore is his name if I can remember correctly.
He is not a jeweller in the usual sense but he has a workshop in a first floor room where he runs a repair service and a jewellary making business.
He charges a flat fee (€20 about 2.5 years ago) and he will do it there and then and the ring doesn't leave your pocession. I was pleased with him as he gave 3 different prices for the ring.
(i) How much it would cost him to make it,
(ii) how much it would cost at a high street jeweller and
(iii) what it would cost in Antwerp

He then issued the certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back