Where do you find tradesmen?

U

una

Hi,

I'm just wondering what the best place to find tradesmen is? Do you use local papers, golden pages, adds in shops or other sources?

Una

Re: Where do you find trademen?

Hi Una the normal place is the golden pages, onlinetradesmen.ie, tradesmen.ie, ask next door neighbors, family members, people in your work place or your friends. Word of mouth is the one most of us rely on to get work.

Hope this helps

S.L.F

depends what your looking for, i drop into sites if they are working? and see what the work is like, if you hit on a good guy early on and your impressed ask him for who they would recommend.

You will find them in the Golden Pages etc., but you really must do your research before you employ them. Word of mouth is the only failsafe way.

Don't know if you are building and require a number of tradesmen, or looking for someone to do one specific job. If the former, and you find someone who ticks all the boxes, they in turn will usually know somebody.

Just one more thing. Don't automatically assume that they are all cowboys and out to cheat you. I've known some like this, but the majority of them are just earning a living and have reputations to protect.
There are plenty of them out there looking for work at the moment, judging by the number who call to my site offering their services.

Re Golden pages, the bigger the ad the bigger the cowboy, is what I've heard. Naturally there will be exceptions but anecdotally at least with trades be careful, do your homework and you'll be fine.

Many don't and therefore suffer.

Back