Where do I invest for safety... help!

HMCE

I'm Irish(republic), my wife is Spanish and is living in Spain, my residence is Spain now. I have 2 Deposit Accounts with Aglo Irish and one with BOSI
-Anglo Deposit EUR fixed for 18mths 24K there
-Anglo Sterling Depsoit 8K GBP
-BOSI 80K GBP and now I have to invest this in some other bank, as BOSI are closing end of year 2010.... currently as I write the money is still with them and I figure I have to move fast.

1. Am I in safe hands where I am with Anglo? should I move some of the BOSI GBP money back to the Anglo?
2. Where do you advise putting the GBP 80K from BOSI, I thinking safety rather than earnings these days
3. I am resident in Spain now, but I am currently IT contracting in Ireland(Republic) at this time and paying tax here. I am sure I am ok to Invest here in Ireland(Republic) legally, am I not? I need proof of address so I use the address of the statements of my existing deposit account here in Ireland even though this is not where I am resident, it is my parents address, is this OK... or am I missing something?
4. Maybe I should consider opening a GBP deposit account in Spain , anyone know if this is possible?

There are a lot of questions here, and I would appreciate any answers, with small children I am afraid of loosing all my savings from the last 20 years.......

Thank you