Where did all the money go- see todays indo?

NOAH

I think the article in todays Indo says it all. Lets hope when the next election comes round people will remember and vote accordingly.

noah

The OP is referring to pay for government advisors I think.

But if I were to reference the article I believe most relevant for Ireland at the moment, it would be this one from Sundays Business Post:

[broken link removed]

It calls for a change to our system of democracy, and maintains that if we don't make this change our country is doomed to repeat its mistakes over and over again.

Would there be no way of getting some of these 'advisors' to work FOR the Gov permanently. I am assuming many are independent experts?

If they were employed then they would just get their salary and the Gov wouldn't be out a fortune paying for special reports.

And if Gov has to keep running to special advisors then surely its time that Govs tried to elect more suitably qualified people. Can they not make decisions on their own?

Can they not make decisions on their own?

Clearly not, as is evidenced by the amount of advisors, committee's, groups, boards, conferences etc etc. we have here. The government hasn't made a decision in years. That's part of the problem in Ireland - a complete lack of decisiveness at government level.

I'm all for a tactical nuclear strike on the Dail! Anyone got the coordinates? I've found a warhead on ebay so we're ready to go.

I'm all for a tactical nuclear strike on the Dail! Anyone got the coordinates? I've found a warhead on ebay so we're ready to go.

Like a lot of stuff on eBay, its probably fake - and you probably have to part with your "sort code and bank details" to get it