Where can I see my house on the internet (for free)?

hullabaloo

A good few years ago someone sent me a URL (no idea now) which allowed me see an excellent aerial view of my house. At the time I was very impressed because it was such a novelty and the picture quality was so good.

Now that I have relocated I'd like to do this again. Google Earth shows some interesting views - but only if your are located in a heavily populated area.

Can anyone suggest an alternative which might let me have a gander at less populated parts of Ireland? I don't expect it to be real-time - that would be invading privacy of course!

If its in Dublin in a built up area, try this puppy

install Google Earth [broken link removed]

Excellent arial views for my place anyway

Some of the links in this thread might be similar to what you are looking for. I think you might be thinking in terms of the old free www.iol.ie site which I think is charged for by text message now.

If you are anywhere within their catchment area www.sdcc.ie have a nifty mapping option under their planning section.

Some of the links in this thread might be similar to what you are looking for. I think you might be thinking in terms of the old free www.iol.ie site which I think is charged for by text message now.

[broken link removed] has this facility for free. To see an arial view of your house (Dublin at least), you need to zoom in on the map a few times.