Where can I purchase Broadband in a Box?

MBoyle

Where can I purchase Broadband - i.e. Ripwave, DigiWeb etc. Is it sold in any shops?

Cheers

from IrishBroadband. Downstairs in Arnott's, Henry Street, Dublin 1 - not sure if that's a franchise concession (Harvey Norman?) or part of Arnotts proper. I think that Power City might also sell it. Bear in mind that buying from a store may involved prepaying a few months worth of subscription while buying direct means that you can try it for a month and if it doesn't work satisfactorily (which is a lot of people's experience) then you can just return it so you'll only be down €19 in total.

Hi Clubman,

I have tried that online link to order Ripwave, but when I got to "Choose Broadband Product", the cheapest option available is 35.99, for Breeze 2MB 24:1. Any idea why this might be, i.e. why is it more than 18.95?

Cheers

Does that mean I can't get any of the cheaper Broadband packages available?

What specifically do you mean by "the cheaper broadband packages"?

Have you checked this thread?

Key Post: Broadband packages & availability - check here if shopping around

When I go to purchase Broadband at broadband.ie it tells me that the only brodband available is Breeze, which is 35.99 a month. Ripwave doesn't appear to be available in my area. Are there any other types of Broadband that might be available that are cheaper than Breeze?

Thanks for that thread - will take a look at it.

I use Clearwire. I'm happy with them so far. They'll either install it for you the next day, or you can pick up a modem in "the carphone warehouse" (or however they spell it!)

ClearWire may not be available in my area.. Is there a Website for ClearWire?

Not available in my area! Anyone know of good Broadband suppliers in the north West?

Have you referred to the link that I posted to find out what services are available in your area?

Haven't had a chance yet ClubMan, but will read through it over the weekend.

Cheers.