Where can I get used SLR lenses for Canon EOS

oopsbuddy

I have a Canon EOS 650 SLR for almost 20 years, which is a cracking idiot-proof (in auto-focus mode) camera, and to which I am now going to return because of the picture quality compared to small digital jobs! However, I have 2 Sigma lenses, 28-70, and 70-210, and the 28-70 (which I used the most) has given up the ghost (not bad after all the years that I used it) and will not autofocus. As so many photographers have now moved over to digital, and there may be lots of used SLR lenses for sale, what would be my best option:

* replace the 28-70 with another comparable lens suitable for SLR
* purchase a single lens to cover approximately the same range as the 2 existing lenses
* either of the above, but using a new digital compatible lens with an adapter (can this be done?)

If second hand lenses are an option, where do I find them (e-bay is a quagmire!)

Many thanks

You just reminded me - I have a couple of these for my EOS 5000. They are AF, Sigma / Tamron and I think one Canon.

adverts.ie has a photography section. Worth checking ebay also.

You just reminded me - I have a couple of these for my EOS 5000. They are AF, Sigma / Tamron and I think one Canon.

Thanks Mathepac,

Is your 5000 'non-digital', and do you have one that you may not want anymore??

Wedding photographer Guy in Killarney has a shop down there (more like a treasure trove), refuses to give up on old reliable 35mm, i pop in everytime i'm down I've yet to see something he doesnt have or cant get, sources a lot of stuff in England. I can pull out his card somewhere if you want to pm me

Thanks Qwerty, I'm waiting to see if an offer I've made has been accepted, will know tomorrow so will let you know then if I need that. Thanks

There's a shop in Dublin (I think Trinity street) that does used camera equipment. As did Conn's Cameras before they moved behind Brown Thomas, I'm not sure they still do.

FYI as far as I know the old canon SLR lenses work on the new digital SLRs. I've got an old one and the lenses, which I'm saving for when I finally get a dSLR