Where can I find parking spaces to rent (Shankill DART)

pinoy

where should I go if I want to find a parking space for rent around Shankill DART station?

Thanks.

Re: Wanted: Parking Space Shankill DART

Would you not just park in Ratsallagh - opposite the station? I parked there for 2 years - never had a problem!

Re: Where can I find parking spaces rent (Shankill DART)

is that free or metered parking? thanks.

Its free! The dart station is in the middle of a housing estate and most people just park against the curb. As I said, I did it for two years without a problem. Why pay when you don't have to! You should drive in and have a look, loads of people do it - so the earlier you get there the better space you'll get.

You may run the risk of having your car clamped. Housing estates are private property. We have introduced clamping in our estate to compat the problem of commuters using it as a public car park.

As I say I parked for 2 years and never had a problem. My friend still parks there now. There is main ring road running through the estate where everyone parks so technically you are not parking on private property!
I understand your point CCOVICH, especially in small estates it can be a nightmare with people parking ourside your house but this estate is huge and parking on the road doesn't affect any of the houses.

Fair enough-I must admit I am not familiar with the area-it seems unusual.

If it is a public road as you say, and there are no parking restrictions and you are not causing an obstruction, then what loodles has suggested seems reasonable.

CCOVICH said:
You may run the risk of having your car clamped. Housing estates are private property.
In general, no - housing estates are public property. Some newer estates (particularly gated communities) are private, where the estate is not handed over to the local authorities.

RainyDay said:
In general, no - housing estates are public property. Some newer estates (particularly gated communities) are private, where the estate is not handed over to the local authorities.

Fair enough, I only have experience of private estates.