Where are the "usual outlets" for tickets ?

zag

I want to get tickets for a concert coming up soon and according to the website they will be available from "the usual outlets". For those of us who don't usually buy tickets this is not a usefull piece of information. I don't know where

I would like to exercise my rights not to choose this online retailer, but I this involves knowing who the 'usual outlets' are. Does anyone know where to try in Dublin ?

Discussion of Ticketmaster removed to herehttp://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=77407

Thanks,

z

Dunno about Dublin but down the country the 'usual outlets' for gig tickets tend to be actual CD shops (remember them?) CD world, Golden Discs, Virgin (now called something that sounds like a fashion outlet) etc - I'm pretty sure they are still allotted a certain amount.

Or depending on the venue, the venue itself may sell tickets direct from their 'box office'

There was a booth in the Stephen's Green Shopping Centre which sold tickets - not sure if it's still doing that though.

Most of "the usual outlets" operate as agents of Ticketmaster.

Yes, most of these outlets are ticketmaster. While they still charge a handling fee it is not as much as the online fee.

They do charge extra for using credit cards though.