Where are ones thoughts??

thedaras

This bugs me...
When you picture something, a house /car /flowers whatever,where is that thought?

Think of something and try point to where the thing/ thought is..Is it inside your head or outside??

If in your head,how can so many images be there at once ,say for example a football pitch full of spectators,,,see what I mean .
AND AND move from that scene to a beach full of people,can you see both the beach and the pitch? Or just the one??

Funny that; my six year old said to me this morning: Mum how can I see two things at once? I can see what I'm looking at and at the same time because I'm thinking about my school, I can see it. Actually see it.

I didn't know what he was talking about either.

A.

I love the fact that a mental image can be so strong it can actually override your sense of vision. Used to happen to me all the time when I was young - school assembly, church etc.

Also, in a similar vein, isn't it strange how you can dream of people that you haven't actually met, that don't exist - you brain just invents them. E.g. I might have a dream tonight featuring a 'Sarah' character - she will have fully formed features, a distinct voice, personality etc but she doesn't exist. Or maybe I have seen her somewhere before but just don't remember. Or maybe she is a composite of a variety of people....

move from that scene to a beach full of people,can you see both the beach and the pitch? Or just the one??

When you say MOVE from that scene, you leave it behind and its place is taken by the next one ,ugh ! maybe,

Anyway, there are times when I am looking at tv but visualising a hole in one on the golf course