Where am I allowed to smoke electronic cigarettes?

Harry31

I hope this is the right forum. Being a smoker I've decided to try & cut down, I bought one of the electronic cigarettes on the market & have found it quite good, am aiming to reduce my cigs from 10 a day to 5 a day & then - who knows - I'll have a go anyway! Can anyone give me information about where I can & where I can't "smoke" it? Do I have to go out to the smoking area if to use it, what about buses/planes etc. I've tried finding out this information but can't seem to.
Anyone else used them?

Guy in our office smokes them in the office and has also smoked them in a hospital so based on that anything goes.

Thanks for the info - I'll try them out for a few weeks & see how I get on. Never seriously tried to give up before & I'm not saying I'll do it now, but I'll give them a go hope for the best!

Joe Duffy had a piece on these cigarettes a few weeks back, the chap was asked to not smoke on a ferry.

The things is, if these are allowed to be used in places where smoking is banned it will give the illusion to others that its ok to smoke (the real thing) here and could lead to disputes happening regularly.

Its a difficult one!

My brother was on these for a while. We went out for a family meal and he was using them at the table. The restaurant didnt say anything but everyone else at our table was uncomfortable with it so we asked him to stop which he did. The problem is that they look like real cigarettes and they emit a white puff which from afar may look like real smoke.

Does nothing but cause confusion.