when tv sale is not a genuine sale

macflea

hi guys ,
words of warning do not believe electrical store sale prices , never buy in a sale , if you do always price a tv for example before a sale and wait for sale , and see if there a genuine price reduction , in most sales if there a genuine price reduction these are end of range products.
i was going to buy a new tv a few months back either a lcd or led 42 , and i thought i had done my research and up to date with prices , well there was a sale in cork lately in a well know electrical store chain offering vat off , i was passing by one day last week and popped in and saw a 40 inch philips led 100hz ,651 euros including vat being reduce to 520 euros, due to vat being taken off , as they were going to pay the vat, ex display as well , got another 20 off. i bought it on spur off moment because i thought from recall from previous research 5 months back that the price was price okay , so i bought it . happy with tv and happy with my so called bargain
well i feel like a fool having being taken in by this so called fake store sale , as same tv online is 500 euros inc vat ,and in another shop selling at normal retail value at 530 euros including vat ,there sale had it priced at 650 inc vat , but since was a massive price reducing sale it was now at 520 euros excluding vat , no vat to be paid
since i am vat registered and could have claimed the vat back getting tv for around 400 euros ,i would have been better off buying in the other shop as i could have claimed back vat and getting for 400 and not 500. the receipt they gave me marked on it no vat .so i cannot now reclaim vat .so when i thought i was getting a bargain , i was actually losing around 100 hundred euros .

totally my own fault buying on spur of moment , but i feel a lot of these price busting sales are not genuine , i think that these products are let say at 500 euros in normal times and when they advertise these sales ,you go in you will see the product advertised as 500 euros down from 650 euros when it was never 650 euros in first place. will never buy there again , rant over .
enjoy bank holiday weekend

You couldn't claim the vat back if it was for personal use so you didn't lose out anything

They can not sell something without charging VAT.

If they claim price with no vat what they mean is that they have reduced the price by 20% or thereabouts so when the VAT is added on, the price is back to original ex-Vat price

Back