When engine hot, car won't start.

whatsmoney

Hi,
Recently my car has been playing up a bit. If I drive for a while, and then pull in for petrol, or to a shop, when I come out and try to restart the car it won't. Anyone any ideas on what could be the problem? If i leave it for a few minutes, til it cools down a bit, is starts ok. A bit worried that one of these days it won't restart at all.

had similar problem years back with renault 18
turned out to be faulty electronic ignition unit

honda civic, 94, 1.5 litre, 130000 miles!

It`s old and has done a lot of hard work in 13 years! I had the same problem with my 1st car, it just gave up in the end. If money allows, I suggest you think of an upgrade

Don't ask why but we get this a lot. It can be as simple as a battery that hasn't been replaced in a few years. I'd try that because it's usually the thing that sorts it out.

My brother in law had this problem with a 98 Punto. It turned out to be a loose crankshaft sensor.

the distributors on the early civics gave alot of trouble when they got hot if you remove the cap u can usually see burning around the module unit .worth a look first, hondas are usually bullet proof and this was one of there weakness.,

Back