When does Dividend Income need to be declared.

qwerty5

Apologies if this has been answered before. I can't seem to find mention of it here or on Revenues website for PAYE workers.

I have been receiving dividends during the last year. Whatever about calculating how much is owed, when do I have to tell Revenue that I received the dividend.

Dividends are received monthly (over different shares I hold). So do I have to log onto Revenue every month and update the Income field or is it sufficient to wait for the report from the broker showing the entire shares for 2020 and then enter them in January (and if this is the case, is there a deadline for this).

It's just once a year you need to repirt. Your dividend for last year will need to be filed before end October this year, and tax paid on it.

I just include it all when doing my claim for health expenses, etc.

Hello,

I have a basic question, on a related matter, if I may please...

Can I offset the annual maintenace fee charged by Goodbody / Davy / Cantor Fitz etc. , against my dividend receipts, for tax purposes?

My logic being that I need to have the stockbroker account, to hold some of the dividend paying equities, so it is a directly related expense.

no, annual account maintenance fees are not an allowable expense and cannot be offset against dividend income nor any other income

Back