When did ICB sneak in the CBS?

DublinTexas

can edit posts
When did the ICB sneak in CBS into their system?

I just got my ICB report and I was estonished to see that they not only provide data about your payments but also a Credit Bureau Score.

And if I read it right it's based on CRIF (Italy) and Fair Isaac (US) taking into consideration not only your account but also the number of previous applicaions in the last 12 month.

Credit Scoring by the Credit Bureau, one step clother to the US model.

When did the ICB sneak in CBS into their system?

I just got my ICB report and I was estonished to see that they not only provide data about your payments but also a Credit Bureau Score.

Don't know when they were introduced by the ICB but according to [broken link removed] a CBS is not always requested by a prospective lender.

I fully understand the CBS (3 variants) but what really drives me is that they introduce something that is automaticly assessing your credit and don't even inform you about it.

You only notice when you check your report or their website.

Not to mention that the Data Protection Commissioner obviously even does not know because he still thinks that "There is no concept such as a credit rating in this jurisdiction."

Giving that we still don't have a unique identifier that guarantees that a bank only get's your record this is dangerous. They calculate the amount of previous inquiries into the score (so the more inquiry the lower the score) but if inquiries on your file are not yours (and the ICB confirms that somtimes due to the missing unique key they give out everything which has a similar name) than you get penalised for having a name.

Given that the ICB still has not manged to merge several data records you might have (due to different job titles or one lender using middle name and the other not) I have 5 different "ICB Account Holder ID's" with different scores (if requested by the lender).

And unlike in the US where they tell you the score if you request it (sure for a fee) here you can't, all you can see is what the score was when someone requested it.

And unlike in the US where you know what influences the score in detail (because the weight of each part is given) here you don't because they don't tell you the weightings.

Not to mention that our data protection Commissioner wants me to believe that "Generally, important decisions about you based on your personal details should have a human input and must not be automatically generated by a computer, unless you agree to this. For example, such decisions may be about your work performance, creditworthiness or reliability."

Quite obviously again our law is running behind the reality of the business world.

Quite obviously again our law is running behind the reality of the business world.
I would agree with you there. The ICB is seems to be unaccountable. The DP commissioner needs to beat them with a big stick.

Back