When are there sales for kitchen appliances?

Toby

Need to replace most of our kitchen applicances as part of renovation project. Can use old ones for a while though if there are savings to be had by waiting. When is the next big sale period for places like DID and which are the cheapest place to buy things like fridges, cookers etc. Thanks

I think the main big sales are on only January really but it seems a lot of shops have offers on nearly every bank holiday weekend.

I recently bought appliances for my kitchen in DID mountjoy sq and found them very helpful, I haven't received them yet as the appartment is ready however. The day after I paid the balance of the money I owed I saw the dishwasher on the powercity site for €40 cheaper. I took the printout from the powercity site to DID and they refunded the €40 no problems

The best way to go is decide on makes and model for each appliance, then go to DID, Currys, Harvey Normans, Powercity etc and look for a written quote from them. Then use those quotes against the different retailers to get the best overall price. Maybe wary of powercity as their aftersales service isn't reported to be the best if you have problems.

Also may be worth checking shop-electric to see if they are going to have a closing down sale with all their branches being sold to Bank of Scotland

If you are to believe the adverts, the likes of DID, Powercity and Harvey Norman are on a permanent sale. It's probably been 1985 or so since PowerCity's sale started!!!

I bought a lot of stuff in D.I.D. and found them good. The sale price is off the rrp (recommended retail price) and they say that they may not have sold at that price for previous 28 days (to comply with the law). That said their prices are very good as a lot of the smaller outlets are selling at the rrp.

Thanks, the shop electric idea is a good one but no after sales service

I found Power City to be the cheapest, they sometimes give a discount of 10% if you are paying in cash.

brodiebabe said:
I found Power City to be the cheapest, they sometimes give a discount of 10% if you are paying in cash.

IMHO and in my experience, if you shop around (or ring around) between Power City, DID, Discount Electrical, Harvey Norman etc., you will either find that the prices are the same or else can usually get your local shop to match the best shop.

This is because there are only a few eletrical wholesalers in Ireland, so the prices are pretty much fixed.

This is also why it is so much cheaper to buy on the Net.
Only problem with that the is lack of support and also, for TVs, telephones etc., lack of customisation for Ireland.