Wheel studs on nissan primera

paddyjnr

The last three times that I've been to my local punture repair guy to either get new tires or get a puncture fixed, I've ended up buying new wheel studs as the mechanic says the studs are very soft in the primera's. Has anybody come across this problem? (It's a 04 model)

yeah!
I've a 00 almera and i was getting new wheels recently when one came off! Im getting it fixed in a few weeks, he said it was ok to drive a bit with only 3.
This was the first time i took a wheel off it so i've a 100% record like yourself.

... Im getting it fixed in a few weeks, he said it was ok to drive a bit with only 3.
Who said it was OK?

The wheel has 4 studs because it need 4 studs; if it only needed 3 they'd have made it that way. Driving with less than the correct number of studs holding a wheel is dangerous and irresponsible.

Who said it was OK?

The wheel has 4 studs because it need 4 studs; if it only needed 3 they'd have made it that way. Driving with less than the correct number of studs holding a wheel is dangerous and irresponsible.

I only have 1 car and the guy doing it for me can only do it on a saturday and my next free one is 13 days away. Its a risk im prepared to take.

So far I've replaced 6 studs and nuts. (dearest nuts I ever bought at 4euros a pop and 2euros for the studs) so it must be a nissan thing. I think it's time to send them a stiff letter. You'd expect to get longer out of such an important stud in the car.

Slaphead;684843... Its a risk im prepared to take.[/quote said:
Which might be fine if you were only risking your own car and your own safety. What about other road-users or is it your belief that you have no responsibilities to them??

Which might be fine if you were only risking your own car and your own safety. What about other road-users or is it your belief that you have no responsibilities to them??

To be honest, i couldnt care less. Maybe you should stay off the road until i get it sorted.

I've got a 4 month old Pathfinder and had to change a tyre a couple of weeks ago. In doing so I managed to cross-thread one of the nuts whilst using, what I'd consider, not undue force. Seems its a common problem so!