What's the point of being an EI frequent flyer ?

Z

zag

As far as I know Aer Lingus have dropped the TAB points scheme, but they seem to be happy enough to get you to log in to their website with your old TAB number or have it quoted on your reservations.

Is there any point at this stage in using this number ? Can I have points accrue to another carriers scheme for example ?

I may have a few flights coming up for the next while and if there are points to be had I may as well have them, but I honestly don't see that there is any use in getting them for EI.

Am I missing something ?

z

You should be able to collect any Oneworld carrier's points on Aer Lingus - you can certainly collect American Airlines miles.

There are rumors that EI is not up to the quality and service that they need to have to stay a member of Oneworld and that they might drop out.

I swapped over to American Airlines and as long as EI is still in Oneworld I will continue to enjoy my benefits when I am forced to fly EI. Yes, I said forced because the only difference in my opinion between EI and Ryanair is the color of the fleet. But that is just my opinion.

If you have status on another airline (StarAlliance) you might even get American Airlines to give you a higher status with them.

They still operate the gold circle club and have reduced the entry requirements for this to 2,400 points per annum. You get 600 points for a US return flight and 200 for the UK.

The change is now that you can't claim any flights and your points expire within a year if you're not in the club.

So, join BA instead if you think you'll earn less than 2,400 a year.

circle - I thought they had dropped the whole thing, can you still claim anything usefull with the points ?

z

Tab

You can still get free flights, it's just that you have to be a member of the gold circle club to claim them.

They have managed to make this pretty confusing, you have to apply here for an account where you can save up the points needed for membership:

[broken link removed]

Then all the details of the benefits and how to get free flights are back on the regular site www.aerlingus.com under the Services & Frequent Flyer section.

Back