whats the easiest way to watch an english channell on tv in spain?

faolteam

i go over a fe wtimes a year but cant get any english speaking channels on i go to alicante

anyone got any idead how i can watch please?

k

The Sky signal reaches down there, though you might need a larger than normal dish. If you just want BBC you don't even need a sky box since the signal is freely available, any satellite dish and decoder box will do. Maybe google the region you're interested in + satellite + bbc.

If you took your Irish sky box with you on holidays all you'd need out there is a dish and LNB - and you'd get the usual channels you have here. Think I'd try to get a second hand sky box, which will give you BBC and if you want C4 and ITV buy a UK Sky FTV card on ebay for around 50 euro.

thanks for your comments

i dont have sky just an old decoder and old 80 cm sattelitte at home and it picks up a lot of english speaking prog like cnn ,super, ch5,euro sport etc

you will need up to 2m in Spain , see the maps on the Brymar.co.uk site , the same digibox should work fine though .

faolteam said:

i go over a fe wtimes a year but cant get any english speaking channels on i go to alicante

anyone got any idead how i can watch please?

k

Going to Alicante, I assume you are around Torrevieja ? In which case, you can get a local service Cina Television or Telemicro Levante (see local English papers like Roundtown News). I have RTE as well as English tv and Sky !

Back