Whats the cheapest mobile phone around?

T

Toby

I need to replace my phone and the only criteria I really have is that its cheap. I currently have a Pay as you go phone and only spend about E20 a month on it mainly on texts and short daytime calls. Am I best off going for another PAYG or should I get one with an account? I'd prefer the reliability of an account actually as its a hassle remembering to buy credit but not if its more expensive. If anyones done the research and knows whats out there I'd appreciate some info. Thanks.

You should be able to get cheap phones (such as the Nokia 6210) on a billed basis for 30 squid for a new connection around town.

Or else you could always try [broken link removed]. :)

Or get one of these...
B00006WMBF.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

payg

I would stick with payg for low call volumes, most contracts seem to have a monthly "rental" plus calls allocated on top.

If I remember, 02 & Vodafone sell upgrade packs, where you get a phone+call credit in one box & just swap the SIM. Cost of the phone with one of these was E40-50 if I remember.

Otherwise you could try for a cheap second hand one on boards.ie or ebay? Battery life would be my main worry here.

Re: payg

Thanks, someone in the house would like the vrtech one but I like the upgrade idea.

Meteor....

Meteor best value for PAYG - see also today's INDO

Back