Whats the best phone company to switch to for savings?

witchymand

Hi,
I am with Eircom for my phone and Broadband and although the Broadband is €33 per month, the phone calls are working out quite expensive.
I really want to switch to a new company but want the best advice as to who is the cheapest.
Thanks a million

Have you considered UTV Clicksilver - €29.99 sign up charge, €15.99 p.m. for the first 6 months and €29.99 p.m. thereafter and all off-peak local, national and UK calls free?

CANCELLATION TERMS:From Utv link
The cancellation charge of your broadband service in the first six months will cost €59.99, otherwise it will cost €29.99 thereafter.
Does this mean one has to pay €29.99 even when cancelling after a year or more? Reason I'm asking is because my current contract has no cancellation fee, apart from 28 days notice, but costs €45/month; if I sign up to a new contract, cost will drop to €39.99 but with that cancellation charge. I'm also wondering if when Utv's broadband is cancelled is Talk automatically cancelled too? I can't figure out why Utv charge more if Talk is not included.

UTV isn't that bad a package. The BB charge is a bit expensive compared to some of the competitors at €29.99 but the free calls at weekends and evenings compensate. I'm not a heavy talker but my sister is. She talks until the battery in the cordless phone runs down then disconnects it and switches over to a wired phone, puts the cordless phone back on charge and returns to the cordless phone later in the evening.
She is convinced the battery in the cordless phone is useless but has never bothered to measure how long she actually stays on the phone.
If you are a chatterbox or know someone who is then UTV is the package to go with.

Beware of invitations from people such as Bilko who have registered only to promote a specific company.

Bilko - if you have information to share with us, do so in public. If we judge it to be an advert, it will be removed and you and your email address will be banned

Brendan

For phonecalls, line rental & broadband - [broken link removed]

For phonecalls -
[broken link removed]

I heard the end of something on the Mat Cooper show last night, they were on about a new website going online today, that would help you compare phone costs.

I think it was http://www.callcosts.ie - I tried this but it seems to be look for a username and password.

Any ideas?
Browser

UTV (and barring landline-mobile calls) turned out to be the best deal esp. if you have teenagers in the house - it's winning hands down in my place!

Euphony is by far the best for landline to landline and yes I would say that .