What's the best American TV series at the moment?

Battlestar Galactica- can't wait til it's back
House- ditto
Entourage- was disappointed by the last series

Loved Curb you enthusiasm, glad it's back and loved Arrested Developement.

Recently found a new one called Strangers with Candy which is unbelievably bizarre....but good, I think, jury still out

Prison Break is by far the best at the moment. Season 3 starting on RTE on the 20th September. I also never miss an episode of 24 and I am enjoying Heroes on BBC2 although it is a little slow moving...

Meant to ad to my list above that I'm jsut getting into 'My Name is Earl', I have to say a few episodes down I'm really liking it! Saw an episode the other night where they were featured on a Cops episode, still laughing...

Has anyone managed to buy a West Wing series 1-7 boxset, I've seen it on the web but never in a shop best value so far is around €200. I watched the first three and loved them and have decided to hold back until I get the whole set.

To add another to the list - scrubs, always funny

Battlestar Galactica is really good but season 3 wasn't as good as season 2. I'm hoping the upcoming Razor TV movie will be good as it returns to the subject of the best episodes from season 2.

The most recent season of 24 was a bit of a disappointment.

The sopranos is very good. I know it's finished but I'm still working my way through the back cataloge (on Season 4).

Prison Break is good. Glad they're back in prison for the next season. It wasn't a good last season when they were on the run.

Worst TV series I watch is The Unit. President Palmer from 24 is in it as a pot bellied Delta force operator. He should regret that move.

Grey's anatomy by far but big fans of hero's too - "save the cheerleader, save the world" - it's quite catching!

watch feck all on local tv, all american.

Curb
Lost
Friday night lights
CSI Miami
My name is Earl
West Wing ( when it was on)
Entourage

I could go on, i shall go on..........

Heros
NFL Total Access
Las Vegas

people, watch

Weeds.

best thing to come out of America in years. Season 2 just finished on sky. if you have sky digital you may be able to download it from the sky site. if not get uncle T to give it to you.

hopefully rte or tv3 will pick up on it. top, top program.

1. House, 2. My Name is Earl, 3. Stargate, 4. Stargate Atlantis,

West Wing
Sopranos
Band of Brothers
South Park

didnt see Heroes until last weekend but bbc showed 9 episodes over the past weekend and it wasn't bad. I am now up to date ( according to the bbc anyway)
CSI ( original series - returning shortly)
Family guy
The Simpsons
love the double of Greys on RTE on Fridays

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody mentioned "Rescue Me" ??
"The Wire" is good too, as is (was?) "Oz" (albeit a bit wierd!!)