what you think of this builders quote?

superwoman

Just got our first quote for a 2217 sq foot bungalow
including internal oak doors, central vaccum, front roof glazing, stone facing, driveway gates and wall,kerbing for 230,000 to 235,000.What ya think located in south leinster.

Working quote out looks like E106 per square foot which seems good to me if you are getting all what you say included - in fact if it includes all these things I would have thought it very cheap. The only piece of advice I would give building in this day and age go for your extra insulation between extrnal, internal walls and under floor boards downstairs and up and also good windows i.e double glazed with argon gas and low e thermal if possible and make sure the coldbridging around the windows is well done.

Suspiciously cheap !!!

Could be a way to get onto a job and then charge a fortune for changes and / or extras that are bound to crop up in a new build

Hi Superwoman,

This quote is very good concerning what it includes. Is the quote of 230-235k inclusive of VAT (13.5%) & windows? Given the cost of stonework alone would be around 30k-40k to supply & fit all sides of a house the builder is quoting an extremely competitve price. I know this as I'm in the same position myself and will soon be starting the build on my 232 sqm (2500 sq ft) house.

Make sure you get any bulider to provide a full written breakdown of everything that is included in his quote.

Best of luck with your build by the way!

cheers guys, have seen his stuff he renovated my sisters business and was always on hand if anything came up. Thanks for advice and feedback

It is very good price alright, almost too good as said.

HC - Stone faced, so not full way around, probably looking at 7-9k for that stone.
Just ensure u get a full breakdown of what exactly will be done. And get it signed

Back