What wooden floors will go with Red Deal skirting and Doors?

C

Cunninp1

I am in the process of buying a new house which has red deal doors and skirting. I want to put in wooden floors in the sitting room and half the kitchen, Like the darker woods but not sure what will go with the red deal. Any suggestions?

I'm not a fan of pine myself and so can't think of much that it would go with. Would you consider putting white satin on the doors and skirting? that way they would go with any floor.

Any darker wood would go well with red deal skirtings. Have a look at jatoba,
kempas or birch.

huskerdu said:
Any darker wood would go well with red deal skirtings. Have a look at jatoba,
kempas or birch.

That sounds correct to me I have pine doors and skirting in my own home and the sitting rooms have a dark Ash floor which looks great with the light timberwork.

Good Luck ;)

DOBBER22 said:
That sounds correct to me I have pine doors and skirting in my own home and the sitting rooms have a dark Ash floor which looks great with the light timberwork.

Good Luck ;)

How much is the ash per sq yd?

millertime said:
How much is the ash per sq yd?

It's a semi solid ASH floor running into two sitting rooms with pine french doors that can be opened/closed to divide the rooms if required. When the doors are open you can see that the floor runs straight into the next room, it looks really well it cost E1,500 supplied and fitted I picked up the skirting boards myself and the lads who fitted it fitted the skirting at no extra cost. That was two years ago maybe cheaper now as it has become more popular I shopped around quite a bit and this was the best price I could get. It's dark but not too dark and the detail in the floor is great I find it hard wearing and it's warm under foot on cold days/nights.

[broken link removed]

Good Luck ;)

we have a rustic red oak (or somthing like that) and it works well with the red deal- its a bit darker than normal oak

Back