What was your first ever single?

S

S.L.F

I'll never forget my first single it was brilliant!!!

Still to this day I love the song.

Any body else got the nerve to show their age?

I'll never forget my first single it was brilliant!!!

Still to this day I love the song.

Any body else got the nerve to show their age?

Mary Of the Forth Form

Still have it and play it every now and again along with all my other old and stratched vinyl

Young at Heat - The Smiths - bought in the record department of Boots the Chemist because I fancied the guy who worked there.

Not sure if it was the first to be honest, it's just the first I remember buying!

Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue

Have no idea why. I didn't even like it that much

Young at Heat - The Smiths - bought in the record department of Boots the Chemist because I fancied the guy who worked there.

Not sure if it was the first to be honest, it's just the first I remember buying!

Are you sure it was The Smiths? The Bluebells maybe? Tears for Fears had a single Advice for the Young at Heart. Ol' Blue Eyes recorded a single Young at Heart, but that was waaaaay back.

ABBA - Waterloo.

Fancied the blonde one like anything. (Still do come to think of it)

Murt

Young at Heat - The Smiths

It ain't The Smiths anyway !

One of my first singles was Ghost Town by The Specials, the other single I got in Borzas in Sandymount with loads on salt and vinegar on them !!

Are you sure it was The Smiths? The Bluebells maybe? Tears for Fears had a single Advice for the Young at Heart. Ol' Blue Eyes recorded a single Young at Heart, but that was waaaaay back.

It was the Bluebells!!!!

I've posted that reply to numerous forums over the years when the question was raised......this is the first time someone has picked it up.

Come to think of it..the surname of the guy who worked behind the counter was "Smith"

Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World, got it by collecting Kellogs tokens and sending them off with a stamped self addressed envelope.

Never bought singles, but my first record/album was Adam & the Ants: Kings of the Wild Frontier.

Absolutely loved it at the time. Listening to it now, it's actually still surprisingly good in parts if you ignore the gimmicky tracks.

Jeeze, you must all have been rich kids! I had not a penny to pay for a 'single' or album. Instead I copied them on a tape recorder from the radio...AHA and WHAM, ( you can laugh but lots of you secretly liked them too I bet).

The first cassette album I officially owned was one of the 'Greatest Hits' given as a major xmas present which I thought was only fabulous at the time!

Jeeze, you must all have been rich kids! I had not a penny to pay for a 'single' or album. Instead I copied them on a tape recorder from the radio...AHA and WHAM, ( you can laugh but lots of you secretly liked them too I bet).

Agreed - remember holding my finger over the stop button to try and stop recording just as the song ended but before the dj started talking!! A-Ha, Duran Duran, Nik Kershaw, ah yes quality stuff.

I saved the wages from my milk round to buy Bowie's Hunky Dory album.
I still have it too.

Didn't buy my first single, found it outside Quinnsworth (showing my age here). It was by Slade but don't remember the name. We didn't even have a record player at the time.