what type of wiring between tv and skybox/dvd etc.

Roundy#

I want to install a flatscreen on my sitting room wall. I'll have a sky box and a dvd player in the corner of the room to be hooked up to same. All have yet to be purchased.

Question is, what type of wiring/cables will be required between the tv and sky box/dvd player. The cables will be placed in conduit and chased & plastered into the wall.

Thanks

Chances are you'll need a HDMI cable for HDTV which usually come already made up with connectors on each end.
So the smart thing to do is to bury a length of 32mm plastic trunking in the wall rather than conduit so that the connector can be passed through and replaced if necessary.
A bit more chasing needed, but worth the effort.
If you want to finish it properly, you can use a Legrand Mosaic outlet which you can make up with a 13amp socket and outlets for tv and data.

you should run a hdmi, scart and vga cable, that should keep you relatively covered. oh, and if you run vga you'll need to run audio cable.

hdmi will be from dvd player to tv, scart for sky box, and vga incase you ever want to hook a pc or games console to your tv. that's the bare minimum i would run, I'd also run an svideo cable, but that depends on your needs.

Back