what to do in marbella and sourrounding area

dawnsurprise

Hi,
I'm going on holidays to Marbella in a week, and am looking for some information on things to do in the evening time. We've hired a car, so distance not a problem (with-in reason).
Bull Fighting.....Flamenco Dancing....Shows????
Anything else that may be of interest.
we are taking my mam and my sister, so we want to make
sure they enjoy it..

You could take a drive to Granada & see the Al Hambra ( the old Moorish palace ) It's a wonderful place & the drive through the mountains is quite enjoyable.
Granada itself is quite interesting. The Capella Royal is the burial place of Ferdinand & Isabella - the King & Queen given credit for driving the Moors from Spain & also for funding Christopher Columbus on his travels to the Americas.

From Al Gericas - a short drive - you can also take the ferry to Morocco (Tangier ) I saw hundreds of dolphins on that journey & it's not a long crossing.

You can also visit Gibraltar. Mind the apes - they're amazing pickpockets !

These are just a few options open to you in Marbella. I'm sure there are hundreds of other ideas.

Wouldn't recommend the ferry trip to Tangier, Morocco. Went a couple of years back and even though the weather was lovely the ferry crossing was very rough! People getting sea sick everywhere.
Ferry was questionable........doubt it would pass any safety regulations!!!!!

I'm just back from Marbella - wish I was still there. We hired a car and went to Rhonda, only an hour's drive through the mountains and well worth it. We also did a drive around the 'White Villages' of Caseras etc, really beautiful...

Go to Zozoi restaurant in old part of Marbella. Was there a few months ago and it's arguably the finest food I've ever eaten.

There is bull fighting in Mijas which is a lovely little town in the mountains up the road from Fuengirola. Its a great place for a wander and for something to eat
[broken link removed]

Tivloi world is also good fun and as far as I know they have evening shows
http://www.tivoli.es/eng/index.php

There is a restaurant called the valparaiso that would be well know on the costa del sol. They have flamenco dancing a couple of nights a week. Contact details are Valparaiso Carreter de Mijas, km 4 Tel: 95 248 5996

This is a site that you might find useful
http://www.andalucia.com/home.htm