What to do if laptop has no s-video?

Joe Nonety

I got an Acer Aspire 1642 Wlmi whose graphics card is the standard Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 that uses 128Mb of shared memory.
There is no s-video out port but is there another way of connecting to a TV either via a PC Card or some USB device?

Or would I able to connect using this cable?
[broken link removed]

I presume installing s-video internally is out of the question evn though I see a port for it thats plugged off?

Joe Nonety said:
Or would I able to connect using this cable?
[broken link removed]
I guess so - looks like a VGA to S-Video cable to me.
I presume installing s-video internally is out of the question evn though I see a port for it thats plugged off?
Hmmm. Perhaps it could be possible to get the internal expansion card but I doubt it and reckon that the only connection options would be a cable such as the above, an S-Video PC/CardBus card, a FireWire or USB 2.0 to S-Video cable-device if such things even exist (S-Video is not my area really ).

My laptop only has VGA output; you can find VGA to S-Video or Composite cable on [broken link removed] but the disclaimer on the cables all say that your display card must support a TV Out function in the first place, which I doubt mine does.

I suppose it is worth spending a few Euro on eBay to find out, but have not got around to it yet.