What steps should i take in setting up a website?

J

JackB

I would like to set up a .ie website but have got different prices on .ie, hosting etc.. I want to have flash images and about 20 pages.
What would you recommend? thanks

I use [broken link removed], but I seem to recall seeing ads in the Sunday papers recently by some other crowd that were undercutting them slightly?

For free templates and other website tools have a peep at http://www.bravenet.com/

You need a domain name: $9 per year for .com (more for a .ie)
You need a web host: letshost.ie charge me just under €9 per month and are great

Your web hosting comes with plenty of free content management programmes etc. but there are plenty of free web templates floating around the internet... do a search on the words 'free flash website' and you will be busy for a while.

If you need someone to build your site for you, you could try [size=-1]www.rentacoder.com, loads of developers ready to bid against each other for you or contact a local Irish web designer.
[/size]

If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

If you have a club or a non-profit company then I suggest that you shop around for the cheapest hosting. But, if you have a company, with customers, and even an ounce of pride you will host your web site with a quality hosting company. Only a fool would do otherwise as the cheapest is not always the best.

Have a look at this blog entry:
[broken link removed]

Using for 5 websites for a year now. Had one or 2 issues and got immediate support.

$5.95 per month.

I find excellent for .com domain registration.

At least I'm not paying monkeys to get peanuts........

PS. Using them due to an AAM post (Clubman I think). Cheers!