What rate will I get? - If Interest Rates change in the middle of the Mortgage Application Process?

James B 21

Given the current market and potential Interest Rate rises.

How would that impact an application if it was in the middle of the process? Should there be a rate increase at that specific lender.

I am seeing "longer periods" from Application through AIP all the way to Drawdown being spoken about in various threads.

What rate will I get if Interest Rates change in the middle of the Application Process?

Kicking off the application process in the coming days. So timeline would be drawdown Late Jul / Early August.

Am leaving UB and looking at all other providers. Am out of my fixed rate so can go anywhere.

@James B 21 I would say that most lenders will not let you "lock in" a particular interest rate when you are in the middle of the switching process. For example, I know that AIB reserve the right to change the interest rate at any time right up to the point of drawdown.

One exception was Avant when they recently increased many of their rates: anyone who had started their switcher application by 13 May has until 15 July to drawdown at the old rates.

But even Avant might not apply that policy again if they raise their rates in the future.

When I went through my first mortgage application with PTSB the rates went down 0.05% between application and drawdown and we got that. I presume it would have gone the other way too if it went up though.