What PRSA?

Irishwhale

Hi, I'm moving from the UK to Ireland staying as a remote worker maintaining my employment with the UK company. They have no presence in Ireland but have setup an Irish Payroll and now at the point of asking about pension contributions. They want to contribute to a PRSA scheme, to a similar value provided for the UK employees. They need to chose a provider and have asked if we have any strong preference to a standard provider.

I have done some reading on Pensions Authority but still not very clear on how it differs to the pension scheme I held in the UK. Are they very similar or have I missed something glaringly obvious?
Is there any standout provider that I should be looking at?
Do the contributions come out of payroll? and if so, do I decide my % contributions and it's taken from here?

Any opinions on providers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Your employer will have to appoint a PRSA provider as their chosen provider and they have to deduct personal contributions from payroll and pay it to the life company directly. You can decide how much of your own salary is contributed also, up to certain limits. For a PRSA, think stakeholder pension

I'd look at Zurich Life. Your employer can be appointed online and they have some pretty good funds.

Steven
http://www.bluewaterfp.ie (www.bluewaterfp.ie)

Thanks Steven, Generally speaking is there an option to control where your investment is with PRSAs?