what might be wrong with my shower?

shoppergal

I wonder can anyone help.

I have a Mira Sport shower(new build, shower is only 9 months old). Turned it on yesterday and it made a really high pitched noise. Since then there's no in between with the water temperature.

The low flow light is on and the water is really cold. If you turn the temperature up really high the low flow light goes off but the water is absolutely steaming hot. Sorry I haven't explained it very well but i hope you get the gist.

My uncle is a plumber/handy man so is coming to look at it but it won't be til the end of the week. From what I've said does anyone know what might be causing this?

Hi there, there is a little filter instead in your shower unit, it is blocked (usually happens with limescaley water) you need to switch off the water, open up the shower unit and clean the filter, then it should be sorted. It happens to our shower every 4 months or so, water is very bad in our area. Hope this helps!! :)

thanks nikki for the quick reply. am going to sound incredibly stupid here but do you mean the showerhead part or the actual unit that's on the wall?

Details doing this job are already posted on the site as well as warnings.

Try using the search facility on here.

Hi there, there is a little filter instead in your shower unit, it is blocked (usually happens with limescaley water) you need to switch off the water, open up the shower unit and clean the filter, then it should be sorted. It happens to our shower every 4 months or so, water is very bad in our area. Hope this helps!! :)
Also turn off electricity supply eg. trip switch.

Back