What is the weather in Slovenia like in late September

Choosey

Hi all
Finding it difficult to get information on temperatures in Slovenia in late September. I am wondering is it too late in the season to go there? I really don't need to go away to more rain. Just looking for a place with a bit of activity and pleasant temperatures (warm not hot) Appreciate any input to make the decision of whether to book it or not. Thanks in advance

Hi Slugbreath
Doing the DIY thing. Have literally just booked flights this morning and hope to do 5 nights in Lake Bled and then back to Venice for 2 nights as flying back from there. Any recommendations? Looking at accomodation at the moment.

Hi Slugbreath
Doing the DIY thing. Have literally just booked flights this morning and hope to do 5 nights in Lake Bled and then back to Venice for 2 nights as flying back from there. Any recommendations? Looking at accomodation at the moment.

If you would like to stay in either a 2-bedroom or 1-bedroom apartment in Bled, PM me and I can forward you contact details for 2 separate apartments we stayed in Bled a few years back. These are "direct let by owner" (who lives nearby) so they should be cheaper than letting through websites or agencies. I've absolutely no connection with either place, just as a satisfied customer.

Yes, I am flying in and out of Venice. Haven't decided on the transport yet. Open to suggestions. I drive for a living so TBH would prefer not to drive on holidays. Himself doesn't mind driving but not sure about driving in a 'strange' place. Don't want to be arguing from the onset at the same time unseure about planes, trains and automobiles!

Those caves look fab! Initially I was thinking of Lake Bled for 3 days and then somewhere else for 2 days but have reverted back to Lake Bled as a base and just chill out for a while rather than packing and tearing around the place. BUt Portoroz looks lovely in the website............... Have nothing booked yet!

lake bled is really lovely and you can do a few day trips from it. We stayed in Alps pension and the evening meals were just to die for. I never had such nice food anywhere. www.bled.si is a good website also check out accomodation on tripadvisor I much prefered bled to Portroz although piran was nice but if you stuck for time spend the 5 days in bled. We also got a train from bled to noviagorzia and then from goriza to mestre just outside venice. This was a very senic journey over the alps and I think I got the information from this site so google it. Slovenia is lovely but like Ireland the weather is a little undependable so prepare for that. We went in May and got no rain for our week

Thanks Coleen
I am looking forward to it. I am only going to book accomodation for first two nights and then see if we wish to stay there or try somewhere else - cannot see it being very busy as it is late in the season. Would you recommend the Alps penions for rooms and location also? Thanks for the links and how to get there by the way!

It is a very short walk to the main area in Bled but rooms and food excelent so if you do choose it do go for the evening meal also as this is super you wont find better food or value anywhere and they have their own bar beer and wine in the garden where you serve yourself and record what you drink.

I think I'm right in saying that most trains pass through Mestre just outside of Venice. So if you fly Ryanair to Venice/Treviso you get local bus to Mestre and onwards from there?

Thanks Slugbreath and Coleen
I have booked Hotel Berc for 2 nights and half board in Alps Pension for 3 nights as you suggested Coleen. Cant wait for the 5 weeks to roll by! All I have to try to do is get reasonable accomodation for 2 nights in Venice - which may prove to be tough!!!
The journey to Bled isn't the handiest alright - it appears to be the bus to Mestre (as you suggested Slugbreath) - train from Mestre to Gorizia Centrale / bus / taxi / walk to Nova Gocia and catch a train to Bled changing at Jessenice
Alternatively there seems to be a bus you can get with DRD from Mestre to Ljubliana which takes about 2 hours which soulnds like a handy option then just get the bus to bled
Not the handiest in general but seems doable
Appreciate all help provided by you both

Back